Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Eve Outfit Post

My fiance & I spent new year's eve chilling at a friend's house this/last year.

It was incredibly hot in the afternoon before a massive storm later in the evening. So we played in the pool before changing for dinner & new years drinks. It was a great evening & we had an awesome time. Here's what I wore, post poolside hi-jinks. Homemade pants, Kookai lightweight wool top, Mimco fobwatch bracelet & my shoes of the moment, Marc Jacobs Misplaced Heels.

A quick word about the pants. They are fantastic! I used this fabric to make a jacket from a Yamamoto pattern a few months ago & had a heap left over so decided to make a pair of wide leg evening pants. I was feeling really lazy that day so just put in a elasticated waist.BEST DECISION EVER. They are super comfortable, (this may have something to do with the fact that they're essentially pyjama pants), & still look quite elegant (in my mind anyway). They are great on a hot night because their quite cool & last but certainly not least, they don't crease!

I'd seriously recommend you make a pair yourself if you can. They are so easy - you can whip them up in a couple of hours & I love mine!

* Apologies for the awful photo, I look a bit 'deer in headlights' don't I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment