Monday, January 25, 2010

Invisible Zips. Grrrr! Oh... maybe not so grrr...


Today I sewed an invisible zip into a dress for the first time...

You might say that I probably could have picked something a little less risky than one of my bridesmaids dresses to try this new technique, but that's just the way I roll, :P

I had a look online for a video showing me how, (here), and I was surprised at how simple it looked. I guess I should explain...

Everytime my mum made me a dress that needed an invisible zip, she fussed & huffed & puffed, and she put the zip in. She never liked it though, and you always heard about how much she didn't like them. So naturally I was petrified of putting in an invisible zip.

Since I tend to belong to the sewing school of "Oh my god it's Wednesday & I need a dress for Friday QUICK! Fabric! Sew & then I'll throw in the zip & hem it, while I'm sitting in my bathrobe with my hair & make-up done, ready to throw it on & rush out the door on Friday night", I've remained petrified of putting in an invisible zip, and never had the time to try it properly. But today I did it & it was really nice & easy & it looked nice & I don't know why it's taken me so long to work this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment