Monday, January 11, 2010

A quick & easy summer skirt


With production of my wedding dress temporarily on hold last week, I made a couple of other quick & easy items.

The first was this skirt. About a month back when I was looking for fabric for my bridesmaids I found a beautiful Salvatore Ferragamo silk. So I bought 1.5m & put it aside for a little while. With the hot weather this month, I thought the silk would be perfect for a nice light summer skirt.

What: I'm wearing: Self-made silk skirt, Cotton On top, Cosgrove & Beasley bag, Marc Jacob shoes, Tom Ford sunglasses.
Pattern used: An old one I 'borrowed' from my mother's collection (Butterick 5896)
Cost: This one was a little more expensive than normal, the silk was $80 a metre, I lined it with some lining I had left over from another skirt I made a while back & it didn't need any notions, all in all it cost $120.
What I like: How light & breezy this is. It really kept me cool! It's also really versatile. I wore this out to dinner & drinks for a friends going away, & then the next day dressed it down with a singlet & sandals for my weekend errands. I think I'll wear it to work this week too, it was 43C today & will be 36C tomorrow, so I'll need something cool. Wearing this skirt, also makes me feel like I'm on the set of Roman Holiday!
What I don't like: Not much, I really love this skirt!
What next: Malanka Dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment