Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rip 'em to shreds.

I've been loving a lot of shredded clothes in the latest runway shows, and for a while all I wanted to do was to start cutting up all my clothes to turn them from daggy back of the closet eyesores to 'masterpieces' of cutting edge fashion instantly.

Needless to say, I'm glad I restrained.

What I did do though, was cut up some old scraps of fabric that I had laying around. Not much of a compromise I know, but the more I've been thinking of shredding my clothes the more I've been thinking of turning them into some derivative of a weave. I wanted to get a feel for what it would look like.


I'm not entirely sure about the one on the blue floral print, but I do like texture of the cream stretch fabric with mustard silk & stretch navy suiting.

What I'm thinking of doing next: Buying some cheap loose (maybe a size or two too big) stretch tees & singlets & slashing different areas at different angles. At the moment my favourite idea is diagonal slashes starting just underneath the bust on one side & coming down to the base at the other side & weaving through some torn fabric. I like the idea of the weave slowly creeping up the top. The execution could be tricky though. I also like the idea of having the shoulders slashed with weaves draping down over the rest of the top.

I'll post some pictures of whatever I end up doing, (no matter how terrible).

No comments:

Post a Comment