Thursday, June 11, 2009

Painted Nails & Open Toe Boots

I got bored the other day & painted my toenails...

I haven't done this since I was in high school & after doing so, I thought I looked ludicrous. It made me feel a bit like a grandma living in Queensland wearing coral lipstick & matching nail polish. It's fair to say I did an awful job of painting them & spent more time cleaning my toes with a cotton bud & nail polish remover than I did painting them, but I don't think this was the reason for feeling so silly. This is strange because when it comes to my fingernails, I love nail polish, I love fussing over my nails, I love going to the manicurist to get my nails done. But I've never had a pedicure & I've never felt normal wearing polish on my toes. I think I've always been afraid that I'll get there and take my shoes off and the poor girl will recoil in horror when she sees what years of wearing ski boots & stilettos will do to your feet.

I put on a pair of socks to cover them up...

The next day I wanted to wear my beautiful lace-up open toe boots, but in a rush to get ready I forgot to take the polish off. I hated it at first, but as the day wore on I found that I actually liked the way the nail polish looked on my toes with those shoes. I certainly won't be wearing it with stilettos to the races anytime soon, but with my lace up boots it looked kind of cool. It added a touch of femininity & a softness to a pair of shoes that are very strong & assertive. I felt great. Maybe I'll give the whole toenail thing a second chance.

On another note I LOVE THESE SHOES!!!! They are perfect for nearly any occasion, thought I'm still trying to find a way to justify wearing them to work :S

They are also super comfy. I got them from Zoe Wittner and I've found most of their heels to have a really nice angle to them, making them super comfortable, as well as looking stunning. In general I've been loving their shoes lately (I think in the last year 8 months I've bought 3 pairs of shoes from there), they are really reasonably priced and they have some fantastic designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment