Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A new skirt.

It's been a while since I've posted anything... things have been a little crazy, but I've had a number of projects underway, they should be finished by the end of the week so I'll try & upload some pics.

The first of these is a skirt I've (nearly) finished.



Fabric used: Heavy grey stretch jersey with a light yellow silk for the decorative draping.
Pattern used: I based it off a basic Butterick pencil skirt pattern (4392), with quite a few simplifications, (got rid of the zip & rear split). I also shortened it a bit.
What I like: The draping of the silk, I've been a little obsessed with draping fabrics recently, most of the clothes I've been making somehow incorporate this theme. I also like the contrast between the dark grey & mustard fabrics.
What I still need to do/fix up: I need to pick a location where the silk wraps around to, you can see it's pinned at the moment :S I'm having a little trouble balancing how much the silk sticks out at the side (accentuating my hips a little too much) with how low it hangs (because it can get trapped behind the grey fabric at the rear if it hangs too low). I'm also going to smooth out the side seams a little, there's one spot that's a bit lumpy which is annoying me.

No comments:

Post a Comment